Monday, April 03, 2006

Here, There, Everywhere...

I remembered a question asked by a Philippine's Participating Youth to one of my good friend, an afternoon in Jakarta.
"How SSEAYP changes your life?"
My friend replied that he feels like he's travelling more after the program.
In my head I was about to say that I felt that I had stronger wings to fly.

And yes, here I am now, living my life in France, without any cultural shock. My friend, who said that he's travelling more after the program is now working for an event organizer that deals with international expo. His nearest projects are in Pattaya Thailand and in Dubai.
One of my friend, a nice Cambodian girl named Lorida is studying in Manchester, another friend, a Malaysian, Chan, is now also in UK. Adriene from Malaysia is now in Tokyo, getting into scholarship program in Sophia University, another friend from Lao is in Australia, another friend from Japan was in Aussie and in Cambodia too, another Cambodian friend travelled to Japan, Singapore and many other countries, and in my own contingent, my Youth Leader has been crossing the globe from Bruxelles to Vietnam and soon Philippines... it will be more hundred sentences here if I shall write all the names that travels the world so much after the program.

What I would like to say now is, I am happy for all those travellers, with personal or institutional missions to be brought in their arms. What makes me even happier is the fact that we still LOVE our origin countries, still memorize our beautiful friendship and still keep in touch.

We might have stronger wings and wider space to fly, but I know for sure, that we'll always be back to the warm nest where we were born, and do our best for it...
Go my friends, go, fly, higher, up to the sky!